Home and Resident Physical Therapy Services
When you’re recovering from an injury, illness or surgery, the process can sometimes mean learning how to complete daily tasks again. Our physical, occupational and speech therapists work with you to help you regain mobility through a wide range of rehabilitation services.
We deliver services according to a plan of treatment developed by patients, their family members, physicians and our home health staff to maximize independent functioning. Patients remain safe in familiar surroundings while family members and caregivers can also be involved. Our skilled professionals can help you after a serious illness, while you are recuperating from surgery or with the management of a chronic condition.
Activities we may be able to help you with include:
- Learning to safely walk around your home, preventing falls
- Completing daily activities
- Increasing strength and activity tolerance for better mobility
- Creating an individual home exercise program (HEP)
- Conserving energy during movements
- Using assistive devices
- Evaluating cognitive abilities
- Recommendations for home and leisure modifications
Our physical therapists work with you to improve and restore mobility and muscle strength. Skills are taught in the comfort of your home by specially trained physical therapists and physical therapy assistants.
Our licensed physical therapists are experienced in helping with recovery from issues such as fall injuries, joint replacement surgeries and stroke-related disabilities. Your individual treatment plan is designed based on your needs, with the goal of achieving the highest extent of recovery possible.
Our physical therapy services help you learn how to restore function through education on:
- Balance coordination activities
- Therapeutic exercises
- Home safety and best practices on moving about the home
- Fall prevention
- Pain management
- Instructions on how to best sit, stand and lie down
- Training on how to walk on multi-level surfaces or stairs
- Pacing and breathing activities to help you conserve energy
- Home exercises to improve endurance, designed specifically for you
- Safe and appropriate use of adaptive equipment
- Lymphatic drainage massage and compression wraps
Even when my therapy was over they still called me to see how I was doing!”